Personal development is the discipline and ongoing practice of:
- acquiring better habits
- developing potential
- making improvements in your life
- mastering skills
For example, here are:
Personal development also means incorporating rules in your life you can live by and live with, such as:
The being that you are now is not as important as who you are becoming.
Knowing this fact means that you understand the importance of exploring and expanding your personal potential.
This is why personal development is so unique. What is not as important to someone else may rank very high
on your priority list, and vice versa. It all comes down to which area(s) of your life YOU wish to develop.
13 Ultimate Keys To Personal Development
Nothing is quite as rewarding as personal development. I think these are essential elements.
- BOLDLY BELIEVE! Placing God first and foremost in your life and over your life is the wisest thing you can do. When you trust God to guide you, to supply you with all you need, you are empowered to become all you can be. This is always the first key in personal development. Believe in yourself by using the God-given gifts and talents you possess to the best of your ability. If you believe that God also works through people, you also believe in others, in cooperation and collaboration.
- CHARACTER CULTIVATION. Many people are concerned about their reputation, what others think of them. But do people know you for who you really are? When you chisel your character, things such as integrity, accountability and transparency are very important to you. When it comes to character, ask yourself, “What have I become?” and “What am I becoming?“
- COMPLETE COMMITMENT. Devote yourself to INTENTIONAL IMPROVEMENTS. Personal development is not a quick fix in one or two areas of your life. It is a life-long, continual process, one that requires daily governance.
- CONSCIOUS CHOICES. Active awareness plays a pivotal role in conscious choices, but many choices we make are not on this level. Some people find it difficult to accept other people or situations. This, in turn, effects the way they make their choices. Perhaps my post 11 Creative Ways To Make Conscious Choices will help.
- CONTINUALLY CHALLENGE. Continually challenge yourself to excellence. Challenge negative thoughts and attitudes. Challenge obstacles and limiting beliefs.
- FINE FOCUS. Rather than having many nominal and minimal interests, fine focus on your attention, your energy, and your time on the things that will help you to be better. You will gain the greatest clarity in your life when you concentrate on a few things that matter most to you.
- HEALTHY HABITS. Developing healthy habits are more important than goals. When you are in the habit of thinking quality thoughts that align with your purpose, you intentionally create opportunities that yield great outcomes. When it comes to bad habits, rooting them out takes time, but it is a very worthwhile process. If you have not done so, I encourage you to read my previous post entitled, Get Rid Of Bad Habits Once and For All. If you find yourself constantly low on energy, it may be helpful to read 5 Healthy Habits To Fight Fatigue.
- INTENTIONAL IMPROVEMENTS. What are better than excellent intentions? The actions manifested as a result of them. Not all thoughts lead to action, but when it is your deepest desire as well as your highest aim to be the very best, according to your BOLD BELIEF, you will accomplish and achieve all that you can imagine.
- LOVE LEARNING. It is so much easier to acquire information when there is enjoyment attached to it. A big part of this is developing a voracious appetite for reading.
- GIVE GRACIOUSLY. You increase your value every time you add value to others. You only need to be spiritually wealthy, giving of your time and talents, to accomplish this.
- HIGHEST HONESTY. Nothing is quite so valuable as personal honesty. In the same way you cannot unscramble eggs and return them to their original form, recovering your integrity would be just as difficult. Keep your honesty intact at all times.
- SOCIAL SKILLS. The long and short of this is, “Be someone worth remembering.” Be engaging. Be fun to be around. Make it a priority to engage others and to form meaningful relationships.
- SEEK SOLUTIONS. When seeking solutions is your mindset, you are continually looking for creative ways to solve problems.
Personal Development Quotes To Inspire and Motivate You
- “Any ideas, plan, or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “Integrity is the sound follow through of your heart, and an important part in the process of manifesting what it is that you aspire to. If you say that you are going to do something, do it. If you fail to complete the task at hand, or fulfill a promise you made, you are not operating at the right frequency. Don’t lie to yourself and to others, follow through. Complete yourself. Expand your consciousness.” ~ Will Barnes
- “Know who you are, and be it. Know what you want, and go out and get it!” ~ Carroll Bryant
- “Live with fulfilment, serve with passion so in this lifetime you will have the ability to die with no regrets.” ~ Randy Gonzales
- “To become a master at any skill, it takes the total effort of your: heart, mind, and soul working together in tandem.” ~ Maurice Young
- “Who we are in the present includes who we were in the past.” ~ Fred Rogers
- “Your inner strength is your outer foundation.” ~ Allan Rufus
Over To YOU… Have Your Say…
Which of these keys are are most important to you?
What areas of personal development are you working on?
I would love to hear from you here.
Thank you kindly!
Wishing you every success!