Have you ever had one of those days when things just don’t go right to begin with, and then, to make matters worse, it just seems to go from bad to worse? I bet you could use a little inspiration, right?
Have you ever felt so low that it’s a real stretch from the gutter to the curb? It’s then that you are really looking for it.
Probably, most people have had such days. But where do we turn when bad things happen to great people?
We know we can’t stay in the quicksand of negativity for very long, can we?
The Power Of Inspiration
Whether we are seeking spiritual guidance or wisdom, inspiration has the power to turn everything around.
Did you know that the word charisma is the Greek word for grace? It’s real meaning is divine influence upon the heart.
That influence — God at work within us — is INSPIRATION.
A closely related word, albeit rare, is the word afflatus, meaning a divine creative impulse or inspiration.
From the Latin, it is the act of blowing or breathing on. Picture God breathing life into you every moment.
Every time you inhale, something most people take for granted, you are experiencing inspiration.
“Inspiration is respiration to our aspirations.“
Isn’t it interesting the number of sources we draw inspiration from? Inspiration comes to us in many forms:
- artistic scenes
- communion, meditation, prayer time with God
- flashes of genius. It’s too bad many people don’t pay more attention to those flashes.
- motivational speeches. This 14-minute speech will lift your lid!
- outings in nature. Personally, I find much of my spiritual refreshment in nature, where I can spend alone time with God.
- perfectly penned prose
- soaring music
- the sheer will to live
- today’s thought leaders. Their deep level thinking and wisdom awakens and inspires my creativity.
However we receive it, I think the reason we are drawn so magnetically to inspiration is because we need:
- awakening from complacency and procrastination
- fresh insights
- higher elevations of thought, such as found here
- new perspectives
- major motivation
Inspiration From 25 Top Thought Leaders Of Then and Now
Whether it is in areas of spirituality, life strategy or emotional intelligence, today’s thought leaders each have something to say that can help us all.
- Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. ~ Og Mandino
- Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize nothing is lacking, the whole world belongs to you. ~ Lao Tzu
- Enlightenment is always there. Small enlightenment will bring great enlightenment. If you breathe in and are aware that you are alive — that you can touch the miracle of being alive — then that is a kind of enlightenment. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth. ~ Iyanla Vanzant
- Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. ~ Jim Rohn
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- I have lived long enough to learn how much there is I can really do without… He is nearest to God who needs the fewest things. ~ Socrates
- In life you need either inspiration or desperation. ~ Tony Robbins
- It is true that Divine will prevails at all times and under all circumstances. There is no need to tell God your requirements. He knows them Himself and will look after them. ~ Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi
- Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. ~ Earl Nightingale
- Love and compassion are necessities. They are not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. ~ Dalai Lama
- May you experience each day as a sacred gift woven around the heart of wonder. ~ John O’Donohue
- Our aspirations are our possibilities. ~ Samuel Johnson
- Peace doesn’t require two people; it requires only one. It has to be you. The problem begins and ends there. ~ Byron Katie
- The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
- The past has no power over the present moment. ~ Eckhart Tolle
- The whole world opens when we accept this moment — this very moment. ~ Deepak Chopra
- Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. ~ Roald Dahl
- To awaken spiritual unity — and to spread to others the love that is our inherent nature — is the true goal of human life. ~ Mata Amritanandamayi, a.k.a Amma
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo F. Buscaglia
- We ought, so far as it lies within our power, to aspire to immortality, and do all that we can to live in conformity with the highest that is within us; for even if it is small in quantity, in power and preciousness, it far excels all the rest. ~ Aristotle
- When the doors of your heart are shut and you feel dark and isolated, look up to the sky and greet the clouds. Let the blue expanse open wide the window to your heart and let in beauty and light. Climb upon the clouds and let your heart soar freely in the open air! ~ Daisaku Ikeda
- You are important enough to ask and you are blessed enough to receive back. ~ Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- You are nothing less than a miracle! ~ Bryant McGill
- You don’t need to justify your love, you don’t need to explain your love, you just need to practice your love. Practice creates the master. ~ Don Miguel Ruiz
In conclusion, I offer a few words of my own for you to consider:
Life is a tapestry. Are you weaving in rich experiences and quality memories? (Tweet this!)
Inspire Us With Your Thoughts…
Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Which of these words inspires you the most?
You can share your valuable views here.
*If you have enjoyed this post, please share it with your social networks.
**Have you subscribed to my blog? There is no charge. You can do so now by providing your email in the side bar.
***Thank you for your support. Please add your valuable comments, they are always appreciated.