You ever notice how many things we take for granted? Like food, clothes and shoes. I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately. I think it’s important because it reminds me to be grateful.
I also use creative imagination to see things from other perspectives, even from inanimate objects.
Sometimes, for example, I wonder how animals perceive us and what their thoughts are.
I wonder what conversations walls have heard. Oh, what stories they would tell if they could speak!
25 Life Observations From A Shoe
And just recently, I got to thinking… I wondering… What a common, ordinary, everyday shoe would think or feel if it had the ability to do so? Imagine the following:
- Aha! There is life after boot camp!
- Be sure to take all the steps necessary for success.
- Haven’t we been down this road before?
- Hey, have you ever heard of a shoehorn? If it doesn’t fit, don’t try to force it.
- I already have one foot in the door. I’m a shoe-in.
- I don’t know if I’m ever going to fit in.
- I’ve been sole searching for so long!
- I’ve learned that sneakers are for spies and loafers don’t get very far in life.
- I’ve seen plenty of fancy socks in my day, let me tell you.
- Is life always this straight laced?
- Is there still room for growth? See 25 Traits Of Highly Successful People.
- Life is not meant to be lived on a shelf. Go out, and be yourself!
- Never judge a shoe by the leather. It’s the sole inside that matters. BE LOVE TO OTHERS!
- Pacing yourself saves you from wearing out too fast.
- People that can’t make up their minds are flip-flops. See Decisions! Decisions! 10 Ways To Make Right Decisions and/or 7 Ways To Beat Procrastination.
- Polishing shoes is just for appearances. Polishing your character is an inside job.
- Some days you just feel like dancing. 🙂
- Some soles really leave an impression on you.
- Sometimes I feel like such a heel.
- Sometimes I get tongue-tied.
- Substance is more important than style.
- The road of life sure can leave you scuffed up.
- Try this on for size? Sometimes, one-size-fits-all really doesn’t work.
- When does the rubber meet the road?
25. Finally, here are 7 words you’ll never hear from my tongue… “Act your age, not your shoe size.”
There are some famous stories about shoes… a folk tale called Cinderella, a fairy tale called The Red Shoes, and a novel called The Shoes of the Fisherman by Morris West.
What Others Have Thought About Shoes
- A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. ~ Charles Spurgeon (Tweet this!)
- I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet. ~ Denis Waitley
- I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, his cloak was out at the elbows. The water passed through his shoes — and the stars through his soul. ~ Victor Hugo
- I want to write a book about shoes that’s full of footnotes. ~ Jarod Kintz
- Our incomes are like our shoes; if too small, they gall and pinch us; but if too large, they cause us to stumble and to trip. ~ John Locke
- The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases. ~ Carl Jung
- We ought not to treat living creatures like shoes or household belongings, which when worn with use we throw away. ~ Plutarch
- What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed? ~ Michelangelo
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who’ll decide where to go. ~ Dr. Seuss
- You know you’re old when someone compliments you on your alligator shoes, and you’re barefoot. ~ Phyllis Diller
In conclusion… if the shoe fits… well, you know. 😉
Over To YOU Now… Have Your Say
Did you ever think a shoe could teach you so much?
Do you use creative imagination like this?
Let me know what you think. I look forward to your responses here.
Of course, your thoughts are always appreciated. Thank you kindly!