FUN is the allowance for amusement, a break from boredom, a diversion from drudgery.
FUN is enjoyment and excitement, and frivolity, mirth and merriment.
** PLEASE NOTE:
I will be away until the middle of July, much of that time I will be offline. I look forward to connecting with you and contributing more when I return.
I hope you are able to take a vacation, or at least a break from all your hard work.
“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.“
You know what they say, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”
(That really ought to be rewritten to include girls too.)
In the meantime, here are:
29 Fun Ideas For Summer Enjoyment:
- BE CREATIVE… write a song, or draw a picture
- catch up on hobbies you’ve put on the back burner
- catch up on your “honey-do” list
- collect shells on a beach
- consider camping out at a new location
- enjoy an evening at a drive-in theater
- go birdwatching
- go fishing where you’ve never fished before
- go to a museum
- hiking trails
- horseback riding
- fly a kite
- go lawn bowling
- play horseshoes
- spend a fun day at the zoo
- spend a night or two beneath the stars and contemplate the wonders of the universe.
- spend time in the garden
- spend time with friends. Chuck Swindoll said, “I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.“
- spend your time outdoors getting fresh air and exercise
- take day trips through the back roads
- use the time to learn and explore something new, such as canoeing kayaking, sailing… if you’ve never done them before
- Visit a county fair
FUN with children and grandchildren
Remember that children are easily bored. There are many things you can do with them to keep their summer fun.
- board games
- face painting
- lawn sprinkler (especially if overheated)
- make a game of them teaching you something new
- play catch… baseball or frisbee
- soap bubbles
Show them you remember how to have fun.
May your burdens be light and your blessings heavy!
I look forward to connecting with you when I return.
Please leave any comments in the box below or here.
I will check them and respond when I’m able to. Thank you kindly!
All Photos and art © WilliamButler.ca