FUN is the allowance for amusement, a break from boredom, a diversion from drudgery.
FUN is enjoyment and excitement, and frivolity, mirth and merriment.
** PLEASE NOTE:
I will be away until the middle of July, much of that time I will be offline. I look forward to connecting with you and contributing more when I return.
I hope you are able to take a vacation, or at least a break from all your hard work.
Remember the wise words of Dale Carnegie…
“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.“
You know what they say, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”
(That really ought to be rewritten to include girls too.)
In the meantime, here are:
29 Fun Ideas For Summer Enjoyment:
- BE CREATIVE… write a song, or draw a picture
- catch up on hobbies you’ve put on the back burner
- catch up on your “honey-do” list
- collect shells on a beach
- consider camping out at a new location
- enjoy an evening at a drive-in theater
- go birdwatching
- go fishing where you’ve never fished before
- go to a museum
- hiking trails
- horseback riding
- fly a kite
- go lawn bowling
- play horseshoes
- spend a fun day at the zoo
- spend a night or two beneath the stars and contemplate the wonders of the universe.
- spend time in the garden
- spend time with friends. Chuck Swindoll said, “I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.“
- spend your time outdoors getting fresh air and exercise
- take day trips through the back roads
- use the time to learn and explore something new, such as canoeing kayaking, sailing… if you’ve never done them before
- Visit a county fair
FUN with children and grandchildren
Remember that children are easily bored. There are many things you can do with them to keep their summer fun.
- board games
- face painting
- lawn sprinkler (especially if overheated)
- make a game of them teaching you something new
- play catch… baseball or frisbee
- soap bubbles
Show them you remember how to have fun.
May your burdens be light and your blessings heavy!
I look forward to connecting with you when I return.
Please leave any comments in the box below or here.
I will check them and respond when I’m able to. Thank you kindly!
All Photos and art © WilliamButler.ca